The Groton Public Library was chartered in 1896 to serve the people of the Groton school district.
Local physician, Dr. Miles Goodyear, bequeathed funds in memory of his mother to build a home for the library.
Designed by prominent architect William Henry Miller as one of his last commissions, the building was completed in 1917.
To accommodate the library’s growing usage, an addition was built in 1981. Special care made sure the library retained its original architectural style of Georgian brick exterior and neo-classic interior. The reading room, still full of space and light, welcomes new generations of patrons.
|Vice-President||Cathy Klimaszewski |
|Financial Officer||Betty Conger|
|Friends of the Library Liaison||Kathy Howard|
|Building & Grounds||Kelly Smith|